THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Johnsen`s collection of deactivade guns.
 Login/Join

Picture of Johnsen
posted
I know it`s shame, but du to the rules i Norway there are no other posibilities if i want to put a gun on the wall. Frowner.

To my excuse, i only buy them deactivated.

From topp:
P14
Norwegian Krag 1894
Finish M39
Russian M90/31 m.bajonet
Swedish M96
Brasilian M1908 m.bajonet
Spanish M-43 m.bajonet
German K-98 m.bajonet
Steyr M1895 m.bajonet
Springfield 1903 m.bajonet
Swedish AG42B
FN49
USM1

Johnsen

Posts: 19 | Location: Tromsø, Norway | Registered: 29 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Johnsen

The P-14 you have is a rwin to some a group bought here in Virginia. We threw away everything except the action to convert in some other caliber.
Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How are they "deactivated"?

I'd be interested if you would tell us the laws or rules in Norway, as it is my impression that it is one of the more gun-tolerant of all of the European countries.

By the way, those "pig stickers" on the ends look like they're still pretty "active".

Is that a whitetail or a reindeer hide on the wall? I understand that there are a few imported whitetails in Scandinavia.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Johnsen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arkypete:
Johnsen

The P-14 you have is a rwin to some a group bought here in Virginia. We threw away everything except the action to convert in some other caliber.
Jim

I always wondered what those red/white markings ment.
Can you tel me more?

Johnsen

Posts: 19 | Location: Tromsø, Norway | Registered: 29 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a great display. I too am curious, what is considered deactivated?

Posts: 201 | Location: logan, W.V. | Registered: 13 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnsen:
quote:
Johnsen

Jim

They are drill rifles. An officer can see at an instant that there is no functioning weapons in the ranks.
The barrels had holes drilled in them at the chamber. All of the rifles we got the barrels were unused.
Jim

Can you tel me more?

Johnsen

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mousegun
posted Hide Post
What are the rifles in the corner?

------------------------------------
Originally posted by BART185

I've had another member on this board post an aireal photograph of my neighborhood,post my wifes name,dig up old ads on GunsAmerica,call me out on everything that I posted. Hell,obmuteR told me to FIST MYSELF. But you are the biggest jackass that I've seen yet, on this board!
--------------------------------------

-Ratboy

Posts: 194 | Location: Copperhead Road | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Johnsen
posted Hide Post
How are they "deactivated"?

The rules for deactivating a rifle in Norway are to drill a 10mm hole true the receiver and barrel. Put inn a bolt and weld it together. The "riflebolt" must be cut of. Usaly this will be at 45 deg. so it can`t be seen when the bolt are locked.

I'd be interested if you would tell us the laws or rules in Norway, as it is my impression that it is one of the more gun-tolerant of all of the European countries.
The Norwegian “gun laws†are as say tolerant.

To buy a hunting rifle or shotgun for hunting you need too complete a practical and theoretical test, which mainly explain the basic of guns, and hunting.
Suspenders are free to buy.
Full auto is forbidden, except for some few collectors.
Semiauto “armystyle†rifles are restricted to collectors, members of NROF (Norwegian Reserve Officers Association) and too those who shoot Practical Rifle.
There is a list of approved guns, not all are allowed. AK47 are not on the list.
To buy a handgun you have to be 21, member of a local pistol club, complete a course, and be an active shooter for 6 months. Then you have to go too the police chamber too apply for a gun. You also have to shoot min. 4 times at the club/complete in a year if you
Handguns are not allowed for self defence.

By the way, those "pig stickers" on the ends look like they're still pretty "active".
“pig stickers†or bayonets are free, anyone over 16 can buy them.

Is that a whitetail or a reindeer hide on the wall? I understand that there are a few imported whitetails in Scandinavia.

It’s the skin of a moosecalf. Shoot on my first hunt back in 1982.
Regards
Johnsen

Picture of Johnsen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mousegun:
What are the rifles in the corner?

High on the left side: Stengun Mk11
Low: Rolling Block, shootgun 16 cal.
Rebarreled 1908 in Tromsø.

Picture of Johnsen
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Johnsen

Jim

They are drill rifles. An officer can see at an instant that there is no functioning weapons in the ranks.
The barrels had holes drilled in them at the chamber. All of the rifles we got the barrels were unused.
Jim

Can you tel me more?

Johnsen

The P14 is exactly as you describe.
It`s a smaal world

Thanks
Johnsen

one of us
posted Hide Post
Johnsen: Thanks for the information on Norway's gun regulations. It's always interesting to compare.

Norway is on my list of places to see before I "depart". I understand that the mountains, forests, and coasts are spectacular.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Johnsen
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
Johnsen: Thanks for the information on Norway's gun regulations. It's always interesting to compare.

Norway is on my list of places to see before I "depart". I understand that the mountains, forests, and coasts are spectacular.

Link to my "hunting-ground" in Lofoten/Norway.
(Some say it`s like some parts of Canada.)
We are hunting for Moose, willow grouse, rock ptarmigan, Black Grouse, fox, mink.
It`s my paradise on earth.
(God must be norwegian, he have pleased us with, oil, gass, fish, fresh water, forrest and a beautiful nature Wink)
Johnsens Homepage

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the pictures I have seen its alot like Canada, espically parts of British Columbia.

short and fat and hard to get at, hit like a hammer and never been hit back.

Posts: 251 | Location: Just north of Salingrad. | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote