New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newton Arms or Buffalo Newton info needed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for information on Newton rifles and cartridges for a research project. Barrel length, caliber, sighting, stock style, any unusual or custom features, or headstamp info on brass, date of manufacure, pictures would be very helpful.

Posts: 238 | Location: Memphis on the mighty Mississippi | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
btt

Posts: 238 | Location: Memphis on the mighty Mississippi | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
strawboss

I know what blt is but what is btt?

vigillinus

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All research on Newton has to start with Bruce Jennings' big book, I got mine in 1995, Bruce was at 70 Metz Road, Sheridan, WY 82801. You could also look for him in AOL White Pages.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Funny you should ask............

I just acquired a 1st model Newton Arms Co Rifle in 30 U.S.G. (30-06)two days ago, and man is it a piece of art. The 1st model was made from 1917 to 1919 and only about 4,000 were made. The buffalo rifle was made later.

For a rifle made in 1917, this thing is a real piece of art and craftsmanship. Six locking lugs forward and two more on the rear of the bolt. Controlled feed, claw extractor, double set triggers, folding express sights, and presentation wood. Wood to metal fit is flawless.

If someone can tell me of a free photo hosting site, I'd like to post pictures for you guys. I know you guys will appreciate the quality of this piece.

Also, What do you guys think this might be worth?

It will bo going on the block shortly.

[ 06-16-2003, 04:14: Message edited by: Pa.Frank ]

Posts: 1963 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote