New
Find
Notify
Tools

Age of S&W Hand Ejector
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys, I recently traded for a Smith and Wesson 5 Screw 38 spl revolver, which should make it a Hand Ejector model. The serial # is 2437XX. Anyone know when this gun was made?
Thanks
Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nobody2
posted Hide Post
proofhouse.com

Posts: 274 | Location: Wa. | Registered: 04 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AFA I can tell proofhouse has zero information on Smith serial numbers. If anyone wants readily available info on Smiths they should buy "THE BOOK" to wit, "Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson" by Supica and Nahas.

Assuming the pistol in question is a hand ejector, it was made in the 19teens, probably relatively early in 1915. Above book shows .38 Spec Hand Ejector M&P numbers 241704 to 700000 as made from 1915-1942. Smith numbers can be pretty confusing which is why the book is a near necessity for a collector.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gat, damm it doesnt look THAT old!!! Mebbe its worth something after all!

Regards

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote