Find
Notify
Tools

Old rebuild mauser harpon gun!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted
I have seen an old harpon gun from 1915. It's said Hembruck on the side and looked as some kind of mauser. It had a 3cm thick barrel, with two groves on the outside to stear the harpon.

It was a very heavy gun. The pad was made from steel. IT was about 4cm thick and also whent into the stock. It had a thick rubber pad on the outside of the steel one. I guess the steel was there to balanse the gun and keep the recoil down.

It had what looked to be a home made pistol grip on the hand guard. The stock had an english type stock. It also had a swatickar on the side. This was probably something added after the gun was finnished.

I don't know much about the history of the gun, but I guess it started as an mauser in 1915 and then was used in ww2. Then someone made a harpon gun out of it. It lookes like the charge is a 7.92 mauser or simulare. There are no harpunes with the gun. The barrel is smothbor and the magasine is made into a single shot gun.

Anyone know anything about simulare guns or if Hembruck is a mauser?

Johan

Posts: 1082 | Location: Middle-Norway (Veterinary student in Budapest) | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Sounds more like a "line throwing" gun to me. It throws a light line which can then be used to pull the heavy ropes used for mooring large Naval vessels.

Posts: 1963 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
You might be right.

Johan

Posts: 1082 | Location: Middle-Norway (Veterinary student in Budapest) | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote