Find
Notify
Tools

Werk efhurt. Stainless
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of garretttodd
posted
My grandfather passed away about 3 months ago. He was a WWII vet 6th division in the pacific. He brought back some japanese items. While cleaning out his old shed, we found a Werk efhurt 7.65 pistol in stainless. The hand plates ar a clear plastic with the back coated in black. The serial # is 234563. I did a little research on it but most of it only talks about the earlier pistols and almost always about blued. Does anyone have anymore info on these guns. Could this be something he brought back from Japan.

Those who pound their swords into plowshares will be plowing for those of us who don't

Posts: 64 | Location: Fort worth, Texas | Registered: 10 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it stainless more likely it is nickle plated maybe sliver plated.

Could be from Japan officers personal pistol could have come from some place else also

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
German pistol, possibly nickel plated. Not likely brought back from the Pacific, but anything is possible.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Off hand I don't know of any stainless steel guns in WWII. Nickel, Silver, and Gold plating was used and Chrome plated bores were used .
I do have a stainless steel canteen but few of those were made .Mine was made here by Volrath who now makes much of commercial stainless items.