THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

W. Collath - Frankfurt SxS Shotgun Gauges?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know what gauges these guns were chambered for? Or where I can find a good reference?

Shotgun is owned by an acquaintance and I'm stumped by what gauge it might be. It's not a 16 and a 12 won't chamber. Could it be a 14 ga.? Short-chamber 12 ga.? Would it have a metric designation rather than British gauge designation? Any info is appreciated. Thanks. -WSJ

Posts: 300 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Could it indeed be a 12/65, which you tried to load with 12/70s ? 14 gauges were virtually unheard of in Germany.

Carcano

--
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."

"Is the world less safe now than before you declared your Holy war? You bet!"
(DUK asking Americans, 14th June 2004)

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wsj,

Teschner-Collath had their own system of designating gauges and there is a member called pwm at the Nitro Express forums who collects them. You could try contacting him there if you like. Cartridges of the World always has a couple of pages on the Collath gauges but it is very brief information.

Best wishes,

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the info. -WSJ

Posts: 300 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote