Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's it worth
 Login/Join

posted
Have a Daisey VL in super shape, what's it worth ?? It's a caseless .22 for those of you that have never heard of one or seen one. I also have 5 boxes of ammo..each has 10 tubes of ammo. I bought it back in the early 70's I believe for $35, neat little rifle and the concept was certainly way ahead of it's time. I believe it fired on compressed air striking a solid fuel propellant attached to the base of the bullet.

Posts: 16 | Location: Northern Cambria,PA USA | Registered: 08 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geez, Frank, I can't even speculate on what it's worth (could be a little or a lot), but I would guess that the ammunition may be worth even more than the gun. As per example, ammunition for the .38 Tround (if you ever heard of that weird triangular shaped cartridge) is in much higher demand than the guns themselves.

The concept of caseless ammunition has been around for a long time, but the Daisy VL is only one of two examples that ever made it to market as far as I'm aware (the other was, I think, marketed by one of the European manufacturers in a cartridge approximately equal to the .22-250 and quickly vanished before going into general distribution.)

Of course there was the Gyro-Jet, really a type of rocket, but it actually had a case that exited the bore as a part of the projectile.

Posts: 13234 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Frank,Do you know a guy by the name of Graton near Dunbar or a newbie near Normalville by the name of Rahmig. Just curious. If you would like to attend their BBQ in August drop in to Bushnell Outdoors and introduce yourself. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote