New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Newbie on Sako's
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just saw this old thread and thought I would post my $0.02.

I have been working up some loads for my Dad's Sako (Garcia import) 7mm mag. and I have been really impressed with this gun. I know people make a big deal out of pre-Garcia, but I will tell you that this post-Garcia gun is MUCH better in quality than any of the major production guns being made today. The action is so smooth, it is a real pleasure to cycle. The fit an finish is good.

I would not hesitate to buy one of these if I came across it.

Posts: 93 | Location: san antonio, texas | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
It is a great rifle, has a push feed action with a very good extractor. Take it. Supposedly the quality was better before Garcia?? went into cost cutting mode. There is also some cachet in having a Bofors steel bbl. Again quality. I am having a 7-08 built on a Browning Sako. Also have a 280. It is not controlled feed though and if you are hung up on that.... The thing is they retain thetr value very well and that is a good thing.

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ANy other Sako fans out there with comments?
Thanks,

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote