New
Find
Notify
Tools

A New Winchester Website
 Login/Join

posted
Dear Firearms Literati,

Some here already know of my unhealthy interest in those old, obsolete, and obscure Winchester self-loading rifles. Well? I went about creating a website about them.

http://www.msu.edu/~muell132

While there are a few things I would like to add to the website, such as the original Winchester design drawings from the Winchester archive at the Cody Firearms Museum, I believe I've done the best I could with available reference materials. Indeed, any additional submissions would be appreciated. Any feedback on the design or format of the website is also welcome.

I've included information on the Standard Arms models as well as the Remington Model 8, listing these under contemporary self-loading rifles. I'm not an expert on these rifles, so any submission would be appreciated.

Andrew

http://www.msu.edu/~muell132/Winchester.htm
Interested in Winchester Self Loading Rifles, Ammunition, Parts, and More. 32 WSL, 35 WSL, 351 WSL, and 401 WSL cartridges.

Posts: 9 | Location: MI | Registered: 28 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice, and I am sure it will get even better with time. Thank you for sharing the information with us.

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Good Job! thumb

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Nice Cool

Well done ! thumb

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
awesome! saw a old model 1910 on gunbroker for sale. a little out of my price range. one day, would love to shoot a 401 winchester, and maybe own one! thanks again for the cool website! beer

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
RMH, found one for you http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/w1947.htm have it ffl'ed to on target in kalamazoo, mi, ask for bruce. i know, it's bronco territory, just don't tell them you're a spartan!!! course it could be worse, you could be a f***ing wolverine!!!!!!!!!!! let me know if you decide to go on this, and i'll call my buddy bruce at on target, or give you the number so you can talk to him. take care!!!

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great site.....Thank you!

The 1903 was my first Winchester oldie, what a great gun.....unfortunatly I don't own it any longer as it helped finance a 61....I do miss that "03" though.

-Ron

Posts: 192 | Location: Anchorage, Ak | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote