THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Has a Newton Rifle in the collection?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted
Guys I have 2 of them 1 that is perfect and unmolested and one that has been molested by a stock replacemant.

Can some one here show me what the 30 and 35 Newton in unmolested condition were like.

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I had one.
It was molested by a couple jokers named Adolph and Kornbrath.
jumping

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Huvius

Perhaps I should have chosen different words....
Ill see more of this type im sure. Roll Eyes

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I handled a .256 Newton on thursday. I had never handled one. Apparently a guy walked into the shop I frequent and wanted to sell dads guns.

I offered to buy it from the owner, he told me I could come to his auction. Big Grin

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
Nearly picked one up on several occasions, but decided to work with what I got and stop spending so much collecting!

I really like how the floorplate comes off. It's that kinda subtle ingenuity that sells me sometimes, the overall lines are great too... one of them had a bolt mounted peep flawlessly installed too.

Sadly the ones I saw were no longer Newton chamberings. Down the line I would prefer to spend the money on one of those over a pre 64 winnie... they're beautiful rifles.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I have a nice one that I paid $150 for. It had been changed from .256 Newton to .270 Winchester, which is one reason I got it for that.

In turn, I had Paul Marquart re-barrel it to .30/.338 (while retaining the original barrel hardware) and had it restocked. Mine is one of the very early "orignal-action" Newtons and is a very nice rifle.....which is not for sale.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Canuck

Any chance you still have the stock that come off it originally?

Cal30

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal30 1906:
Canuck

Any chance you still have the stock that come off it originally?

Cal30

I think MAYBE I do! Will be a few weeks before I know for sure. Contractor is still building my new shop at my new (to me) home. Things are going slowly, as he is very ill with kidney disease. Still I am not going to cancel his contract just because he is doing his damndest to earn a living while in a really rough patch.

He is managing to put in 4-to-6 hours per day three or four days a week, and is plugging away at doing it right.

Please send me a PM so I can easily find your contact info when I finally get my stuff out of storage and delivered here.

Stock, as I recall shows MUCH use AND some abuse. Inletting, etc. is all original though, and if it will be of any use to you, perhaps we can arrange a low price consistent with its conditon (or lack of same).

If you have not heard from me after a month, please PM me again.

Best wishes,

AC

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Thanks I will check back

cal30

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal30 1906-

I haven't forgotten you. The workshop is now finished and tomorrow morning "Tuff Shed" is coming to put together the agreement for building the tool shed. They won't be able to start on it before July 12 because of work orders and backlogs already scheduled, but they claim they will have it built, stuccoed, and tile roof on, all ready to use by about July 15. Then I can get the stuff from the storage lockers delivered by the movers, and hopefully can find that old stock for you. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

AC

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Alberta thank you for keeping this subject on your mind.

I didnt want to bother you about it so I do thank you for the responce.

Cal30