New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN 1905 Pocket Pistol
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I looked at this pistol yesterday. The current owner is not a gun enthusiast and knows nothing about guns. He received the gun from an older gentleman who passed recently at the age of 96. The previous owner picked up the gun during WW 2 after landing on Omaha beach D-day + 1 in a Tank. The current owner didn't know where or how the previous owner came into the pistol. From my research it appears to be a FN 1905/1906 pocket pistol in 6.35mm (25 ACP) caliber. Looks like the pistol has Gold plating, relief, inlays or whatever it's called. My question is how common were these Gold ??? pistols? What would it be worth?

Jim

Posts: 546 | Location: Winter, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 19 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good questions, I would recommend doing some online searching of reputable dealers to get a real estimate. It has to have historical significance as well. We all know the value of the 25 as a defense weapon, with its only attribute being that it is loud, but this is for collector value, + I'm sure there is an interest.

Posts: 4230 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 1905 just like it, minus the inlays of course. If that was done by the FN custom shop, it would be hard to find info I expect. It is very interesting though.
Also have a baby browning in 25. Both are fun to shoot. As far as only being loud, no one I know wants to be shot in the face with a 22RF or 25.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Almost identical engraving:

quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

Jim

Posts: 546 | Location: Winter, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 19 December 2010Reply With Quote