New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking For An Appraisal Company
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are there any reputable compainies that can give you an approximate value of your firearms?
I have 3 guns I would like to sell at a fair price and enjoy the money.
My collection consists of around 30 firearms I have purchased, but these 3 were left to me by my Grandfather.
I have asked around at gun shows and I get "They aren't worth much, but I will be glad to take them off your hands".
One is a 16 ga. Double Barrel, Hand Made, German Shotgun, produced before WW2, with deep engraving all over. I was told it was worth around $500.00.
I DON'T THINK SO!!!!

Thanks for any help.

MauserK98

Posts: 193 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Post pics of the 3 guns and detailed descriptions in here and you'll likely get some reasonable value estimates. AFA the German shotgun goes, it COULD be worth $500 or it COULD be worth $5000 (my GUESS based on ZERO real information is that it will be closer to the former than the latter), it just depends on who made it, condition, and quality of engraving. Go to www.gunsinternational.com and look under German Double Shotguns to get an idea.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
I've been looking for an appraisal company too. I have three Browning shotguns with super low serial numbers (single digits) I'd like to sell.

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote