Find
Notify
Tools

Great Western Show- moved to Dallas
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
Remember the huge (over 5000 tables) Great Western Gun Show that was held for years in Los Angeles? Apparently the government shut it down but the good news (for me anyway) is it is moving to Dallas and is set for November 7-9.
www.greatwesternshow.com
"The Great Western Gun Show is the nation's greatest military collectibles show. Come to Buy, Sell, and Trade Antique and Modern Firearms, Ammunition, Arms and Armor, Western Memorabilia, Edged Weapons, Native American Artifacts, Uniforms, Bronzes, Insignia and Decorations, and much more! The Great Western Gun Show conjures up the Spirit of the Old West and is THE celebrated rendezvous for Mountain Men, Cowboys, Indian War Troopers, and beautiful Dance Hall Ladies. Its the biggest event of the year that no one wants to miss!"

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and I can't wait, hope it can compete with Tulsa. [Smile]

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Tulsa, October 18-19, 3800 tables. I'll be there too, definitely the one to beat. I've been told the Dallas Great West Show will have 2500 tables, cost for table is $100, admission is $9. Almost Las Vegas prices.

[ 07-21-2003, 23:33: Message edited by: fla3006 ]

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish him the best, and I don't know how much "pull" the promoter and his show's name will have, but those prices are going to lose him a lot of exhibitors from Texas I think. And the admission fee won't help either. I'll certainly go, unless some important hunting interferes [Big Grin] , but he had better do a good job the first time, or he'll be in trouble IMO.

Let's have a beer at Tulsa.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
I have not seen anything yet, but this looks like it could be the first day of deer season to me. If so, poor planning.

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote