Find
Notify
Tools

Dugat Rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Porkypine
posted
My grandson is looking at a Dugat M-98 220 Swift Rifle. I don't know much about them other than they were made by the gunsmith Byron Dugat of Beeville, TX.

Any information you could share would be much appreciated...

Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy....Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 52 | Location: Northwest Colorado | Registered: 10 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Byron Dugat's son is a good friend of mine who now lives in Kerrville. I called him up and he verified that his father was indeed, the maker of the gun. He did not know any details of that particular rifle, but gave me this background on his Dad. Byron was an Army Aerial Gunnery instructor during WW-2 and may have furthered his interest in firearms there. After the war, he came home to Beeville and opened a gun shop and began making custom rifles in addition to selling guns and hunting supplies. His rifles were well thought of and he managed to make a living building them for 50 years. He passed away in 1991. I met his son in the eighties in the Houston area. He is a hell of a self taught machinest and performance engine builder and did most of my machine work on my Mopar muscle cars until he retired a few years ago to Kerrville. Sorry I cannot give you any more info, but I would not hesitate to buy the gun if the price was right. They were well built weapons. Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Porkypine
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir....

Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy....Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 52 | Location: Northwest Colorado | Registered: 10 August 2003Reply With Quote