THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would a 1966 Colt Goldcup be worth?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of urdubob
posted
I Have found a 1966 Colt gold cup in the box ...an easy 99.9% gun. What would this sell for on the open market?

Thanks,

Urdubob

Midway USA sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 945 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hard to price but with all the papers, etc. I'd put it at $1250 or more. If it just has the box that's not such a big deal, make it $1000 or a bit better. It is more a collector's item than a shooter. You can buy similar shooters for $800 to $1000 and this should be worth at least 50% more IMO and I could be low.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
In my area a 99.9% gold cup from the 60's in the box with all papers and unfired would bring $2000 to $2500.00.

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact Collector's Firearms about this on for an idea
http://www.collectorsfirearms....ils.php?itemID=27552

It's had work done to it so not sure how it compares to what you have.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote