THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Bowhunters Discount Warehouse?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowhunters Discount Warehouse?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anybody shed some light on what has happened to this outfit out of Harrisburg PA?I used to deal with them quite a bit,but they appear to have dissapeared off of the face of the earth.I seem to remember that they had opened a second store(in Mississippi I think).Is it true that their catalog sales have been taken over by Cabelas?It just seemed to be a case of here today but gone tommorow.Did they over-extend themselves with the second store?Anyway,its just something I was curious about and I was wondering if anyone had any info.Thanks and regards.

Posts: 58 | Location: Charlotte,NC,USA | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Ackleyfan>
posted
jjwen, you are correct,cabelas bought them out! Ackleyfan

one of us
posted Hide Post
With regard to Bowhunters Discount Warehouse. I attended two of the four day liquidation sale. I am lead to believe that the sale was due to overextention via the second store and that the mailing lists had been sold to Cabelas. Sad times, they had decent prices and a good selection.

<jeremy w>
posted
They were indeed the best. I did not realize they were gone.

Cabelas has become the walmart of outdoor gear. I have not purchased anything from Cabelas in many years.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello, I live about 20 minutes from Bowhunter's - now extinct! May I suggest Lancaster Archery Supply to all those who used Bowhunter's. This is more of a pro shop than a hunting supplier - they may be able to fill your void.

web page

Posts: 309 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I switched over to F/S Discount Achery supply. Prices are great and they ship the same day as ordered. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lawdog, I agree located thier site a while back and was impressed with thier prices. I have bought alot of equipment over the years and have a good what it costs. "according my wife a small fortune"

Posts: 150 | Location: upper michigan | Registered: 27 January 2003Reply With Quote