THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: Caroline Whisker Biscuit

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Caroline Whisker Biscuit
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I use em and love em. I shoot carbon arrows/feathers. But I use the aluminum biscuit. I had some problems with the vanes tearing off. Tried every combination of vane/adhesive I could think of. Went to feathers and have had no problems. I wont use any other rest. Very quiet, accurate, and fool proof. I havent tried one of the factory cut out versions but have modified my own. Works great with no problems.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto here also. I not only hunt with the rest but shoot 3D aslo. I have never had a problem with the vanes coming off. I shoot 5575 gold tips 4" vanes. I also use the alumnum arrow size with my carbons.

one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
What is the difference between the Alum vs the Carbon one ?
I just bought a new bow PSE Typhoon and was wondering which rest to put on it. I have shot a NAP 1000 for the past few years and could shoot either off it with little POI change.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've been using one for 4 years and love it. I use the drop-tine mount with the full circle biscuit. No vane tears or any problems with mine. Excellent product.

Posts: 9 | Location: Florida | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am looking at getting one, and was told that if I get the one for aluminum shafts I could also use it for carbon shafts. Was told it would cut down on drag. Anyone ever tried that?

Good luck and good shooting,
Eterry

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I am looking at getting one, and was told that if I get the one for aluminum shafts I could also use it for carbon shafts. Was told it would cut down on drag. Anyone ever tried that?

Good luck and good shooting,
Eterry

I just bought one and my shop advised against using the aluminum sized model for carbons.

I've shot a few arrows and so far I like it a lot.

Thanks for all the advice. Russ

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob1SG, hole is smaller in the carbon biscuit. I buy the biscuit for aluminum shafts. You can adjust the aluminum shaft biscuit to hold carbon by loosening the two set screws that hold the biscuit and pinching the Biscuit up alittle.

Posts: 11761 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
Chopper, Thanks, I went back to the shop and found out the same info when the bow came in we set it up with a Trophy Ridge Matrix 5 pin and a Deluxe Biscuit.I'll be shooting carbons so I went with that one.

Rob

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Do you folks use the full circle type or the one that has a cut out. Relative merits? Thanks,

I have one on my bow and my son have one on his. I used several different kinds, but would never go back to them. I started with the full circle one and switched to the cut out one. My son's is also the cut out one.

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote