Find
Notify
Tools

Waiting on October
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ARhunter42019
posted
Mad October isn't getting here fast enough, i'm seeing all kinds of BIG whitetails around my area, and i still have about a month before i can start taking them with my bow Wink all i have to say is... Oct. 1st it's on like donkey kong.... HEHEHE anyone else anxious about bow season? or has it already started where you are?

The chainsaw says: Run Kit Kitt Kitty

Posts: 84 | Location: Cat Hell, where cats suffer | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Oct 2, here in Ohio.

Been out scouting, but the biggest rack I ever saw was on the security camera at work two days ago. That buck has to be a 180 class in a no-hunting area. He friggin' beds down in a 2 acre patch of woods surrounded by lawn, at work. He walks into the place on the asphalt "nature walk" laid out around the grounds to relax the yuppies!

He's already got a 4" tree he "rubbed" 18" strips the size of pencils off of. I'm talkin' wood. not bark. Most of the rest of the bucks around here are still in velvet, but he's rarin' to go - and so am I.

It'd cost me my job to take him...

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ARhunter42019
posted Hide Post
Don, what a delimma. Job, or massive buck.... that's DEFINATELY a tough call LOL... I'm guessing you're gonna go with the job though, with the way the economy is right now, you can't too much afford to lose a job.

Posts: 84 | Location: Cat Hell, where cats suffer | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
The asshole management where I work would not only fire me, they'd press charges for anything they could make up.

Definitely not worth getting caught..... Big Grin

Don_G

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
If you can't shoot him with your bow use a camera and post the pictures. thumb

I have often wondered when they are going to start the catch & release on deer like they do on fish bewildered

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Illegal to even bring a camera on the facility!

I tried to get a screen shot off the security camera, but no soap. (A crummy pic anyway.) The guard who showed me the tape got repremanded when I asked the security chief for a printout of the pic. "For official use only!"

Big Corporations suck.

(A knee-jerk reaction to getting sued by two lesbians caught on tape in the parking lot a few years back. THAT clip made the rounds!)

Both Gary (the guard) and I have tried to sneak up on the buck when bedded, but he's like a ghost in that thick undergrowth. It's amazing as he beds not 80 yards from a busy 4 lane city street.

Don_G

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
ARhter, I'm "chomping at the bit" Oct. 1st just isn't coming fast enough. At least I've got a little time to prep all of my spots.

Don, So How many Resumes have you already sent out Big Grin.

I know what ya mean about those city deer. My best place to bow hunt is right around houses, a school, and some busy two-lane streets. Those bucks will lay up almost in folks back yards. My best stand is about 200 yards from houses. It's not peaceful like I like but, the deer are in there thick so, I keep going to that spot. Helping out the neighbor hood gardners Big Grin. Well, I guess if you don't mind hearing the Diesels Roar, the High School band play, kids playing, and dogs barking it's an ok spot.

Bad news this year the Land Owner is selling that property. I believe it is going to be developed into housing. Oh Well, it was fun while it lasted. Good news is the timber co. just leveled a bucnh of property arounf the 40 acres I'm hunting there and the deer are really pushed in there on us this year. May be a outstanding bow season. Hopefully that prime spot will go out w/ a Bang.

Have a Good One

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ARhunter42019
posted Hide Post
Reloader, found out this morning that the battery on my feeder is dead bawling ....so i gotta make a trip to town to get one .....Mad and here i was wanting to leave my stand area alone til Oct.1

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
I got a glimpse of that buck yesterday. I'd have to say 160 class instead of 180. Still awfully nice...anybody need a good DSP engineer? Smiler

Don_G

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Don_G,

That has got to be some buck! It's got to be eating you alive not being able to go after him!

Those big guy's know where it safe and in the crazyest places too! I know all about that, I live in New Jersey, I use to deliver bagels to all this big companies, Merek, At&t,J&J, etc. anyhow, delievered from 2am to 6am, "big buck time" I'd see some monsters on my route.

Well, good luck on your quest, not sure if it's for a new job!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote