New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to bowhunting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Those of you who know about my crazy nature won't be surprised, I am now getting into bowhunting! A couple of weeks ago I entered an archery shop in the town where I am living for 4 months now, and I must say I was seduced! I showed the dealer my pictures from Africa and told him that I wanted to go back there with bow and arrow, so he ordered for me the convenient material for penetrating big beasts. I am now the proud owner (since yesterday) of a superb Matthew's LX / 70 lb draw strength / 30" draw length . Practised all afternoon yesterday, and it feels great . Hope to shoot a pig or two this fall, and as I am not 100% accurate yet, the spear will of course be at hand for the possible finish off

Posts: 552 | Location: France | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Way to go, K Bab, you will really enjoy bow hunting.

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Welcome to "The Dark Side"! LOL!
You may never return to the land of the "Thunder Stick"!
The LX is a fine bow! I am shooting one this year and love it. Its my 4th Mathews. My son is shooting the first one I had, a Featherlight.
Its a real blast to be up close and personal to the game. Have a ball!

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
When your ready to take the training wheels off and leave the Darkside , the Jedi will welcome you.

Hogs are great to bowhunt for. Do take your time, put it right above the elbow & don't push the hog.

Keep your gadgets to a min. & remember to have fun.

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
KBab,
Congratulations and welcome to the addiction! (Although being a spear hunter you don't need much encouragement! )
Enjoy and shoot often but not to the point of getting tired as that will lead you to develop BAD habits that will take alot of time to correct.
I would make a point of shooting a couple times a day a small number of arrows at a time working up as your strength and consistancy improves rather than shooting on long session at a time.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I already had a foot in the Dark Side indeed! Now I have both .
Thanks for your encouragements, I'll keep you posted about my progress.
May the Force be with you all

Posts: 552 | Location: France | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote