Find
Notify
Tools

Value Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted
If anyone knows, I have a Hoyt Intec I bought used in 2001. The person I bought it from did not know what they had and I picked it up for $200. They retailed in 2000 for $900 with nothing on it.

I shot it occasionly up until 2007. I never got an archery tag so I lost interest in bow hunting. The only thing I did to it was new strings and new bushings in 2007. Its been sitting in my soft case under my bed ever since. I did back the poundage off before storing.

Anyone know what it might be worth it todays market? I have a mini mongoose release, hoyt quiver, and hoyt fiber optics with 4 pins. The rest is worn out. It has solid redline limbs, not split limbs and HO cam.

I tried to find some for sale but everything I found was several years old.

Thanks for any assistance!

Posts: 749 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's probably worth about what you paid for it. There was one for sale on Archery Talk last year that never sold at $225. Bows depreciate quickly. 30-50% in the first year depending on model popularity. A 10 year old bow is ancient in archery life.

The Intec came out in both hunting and target versions. It is one of the early Hoyt "tec" bows and there are lots of Hoyt fans out there so your bow may actually increase in the next 10 years or so. Some old bows do become collectable and increase in value after they bottom out. Bow resell values don't make a lot of sense to me but they are what they are.

I usually shoot a bow through the summer and hunting season then sell it at christmas so I can still make a little or break even then pick up a new model bow after the first of the year.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was guessing about $250 to $300. I did not expect to get alot more. My buddy does the same thing. He buys one and then sells it after hunting season.

I will put $250 on it and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

Posts: 749 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck earl. Say hi to Randy for me.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
could you post a picture? It might help a lot here.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote