Find
Notify
Tools

First deer this year
 Login/Join

<DOATargets>
posted
It happened..............
This Bow season in Pa was not one of my best. Between Working a crappy weather on the weekends I did not get out much and did not have any success. I didn't even get to draw the bow back! So two weeks ago I sat in a NOR EASTER and saw nothing but rain and the end of the season come.... Today I was driving my F150 Ford invisible pickup [Wink] and I got my first deer of the season [Smile] . It was a nice doe and except for some major tracks all over it probably was good eating for some fox and buzzards [Roll Eyes] .
Thought I'd share my success with you all out there.
DOA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well at least you can say you got one [Big Grin]

Keep at it and it is bound to come together.

PS. Got it!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
<DOATargets>
posted
I'll call later.

posted Hide Post
DOA,
Sorry to hear about your luck this year. I bowhunt PA also (pretty much like it's a religion). I normally have the same luck you had this year. I'm usually the guy out there on the last day. I've had those years where I swear I should take up another hobby, but there is nowhere else I'd rather be in the fall than 15' up in a treestand. You gotta take the good years with the rough ones. Keep the faith.
Stoney

Posts: 8 | Location: Newtown, PA, USA | Registered: 13 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, at least you got one. I had my bow at full draw 3 times Wednesday, but I never got a shot. That's the first day I've drawn the bow back in 10 trips. Maybe next time.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
<DOATargets>
posted
Things are looking up guys [Smile]
Saturday I saw one deer from the stand but it was a very nice one. That afternoon being done I walked up to my dads place and as I got to the house I saw four more. I went inside and told him and he said look out the window. I saw one under a pine just looking back at me and seven more over near his truck. I went out and put the flashlight on a sweep around a counted 30 [Eek!]
Asked why I go so far away from the deer to hunt i said "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... [Confused] ".
Well I think I just may get one. [Wink] [Big Grin]
DOA