THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    What do you do to Practice your Sneakin' in amongst them?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you do to Practice your Sneakin' in amongst them?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have some neighbors on the back side of the property that have 5 dogs. Two at one, two at another one and one at the last one. I grab some Dog Biscuits and see if I can sneak-up on any of them. Big Grin Five faced in different directions makes the approach very tricky at times. I pre-scout the approach with some 10x50 binoculars, try to judge the wind animal and then begin the old Stealth Approach.

They apparently have a different Alert sound just to indicate to the others that I am approaching. Quite often I don't hear anything old, but here they come wide-open.

When I can actually get within 10yds of them, it is a very successful Stealth Approach. Then I get to Whistle, see tham do all kinds of flips, hops and barks as they realize what has happened.

Prefer to practice on real Deer during the Off Season, but this is a good bit of fun too. Big Grin

How `bout you? Do you do any Off-Season Sneakin'?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Have you been drinking?

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not in a long time. Big Grin

So no one practices getting into the Woods/Swamps undetected but me. Very interesting.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
Not in a long time.

Just checking

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my neck of the woods we sneak up on wild pigs,, they hear and smell really good, vision not so great but it is fun and takes some skill to stalk one into range,, ...plus you cant hunt them 24/7 365 days of the year

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote