THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Looking for "how to shoot" resources

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for "how to shoot" resources
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking for any books articles, websites on how to shoot a modern hunting bow.

Most of the stuff out there seems to be by & for traditional archers or target archers -- no sights, no release, etc. That's great but it's not what I do. Have hunted up & down the web and found little -- very little compared to the output of gun writers! Checked the NBEF website and found NO courses listed in Virginia or Maryland.

I've no training but generally learn well from books. Had myself shooting pretty well by trial & error, I thought. Then yesterday a fellow at the range decided to offer me some advice on a bunch of points -- I appreciated his intentions and a lot of it made sense intellectually, but my groups went to h***.

Basic stuff like stance, how to hold the shoulders, position of the release hand, etc. -- that's what I need to think about.

Thanks,

John

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
John - I'd offer that if you start with those "target" type articles you'll learn the basic form. That is really the key to shooting be it trad or compound.

Then it's a matter of only making one adjustment to your form at a time. It really would help to have a mentor or to take a few lessions from your local proshop.

If you have some specific questions post them here. Maybe a few of us can help.

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote