New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found one!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I found this a couple of months ago while moving some dirt around my yard. I wish arrow heads could talk.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Man, those guys could really work stone.

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool find, it's got a story for sure.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me start the shot was taken at about 15 yards on the bull bison. I must of hit a rib and the head broke off the shaft at the attachment point.

My people went hungery that day because my blade maker didn't leave enough surport.

As I returned home to the village we had words--------

Posts: 19386 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's one possibility p dog shooter.

I was thinking maybe a young brave came home to his teepee after a couple of days of hard "hunting" archer with the boys fishing to find an angry woman waiting at the door. A lot of screaming and throwing of heavy objects occurs. hammering Our hero is lucky the only thing that got broken is one of his arrows.

Also it is a definite possibility that I broke it with the shovel.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes my squaw was heap plenty mad not only didn't I bring home the meat but I had to spend more on new arrows.

What pissed her off more was that the arrow maker offered his daughter to be my second wife. To make up for the lousey job he did.

I thought it was mighty white of him to do so. Big Grin

Posts: 19386 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hauw!!
It was not da Buffalo that broke my arrow-head. It was da BANG-stick of da pale-face that shot my quiver to pieces.

Fritz Rabe
Askari Adventures & Fritz Rabe Bow-hunting

Posts: 217 | Location: Musina South Africa | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With Quote