Find
Notify
Tools

Just got a Onida bow
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted
I got a deal on a Onida T3. For the price I got it for I don't think I can go wrong even if I throw it away after a few shots.
Please I have a question for those of you who know something about these bows?
The cams and cables are seperate from the string, do these bows just use a normal string like a recurve?
Also how do you tune these bow's? They are so differant from any other compound, What do I look for if it's out of tune?
Is the draw lingth adjustable?
Thanks guys I'm sure you'll get me lined out on this new toy.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a HUGE Onida user group on Bow Fishing Country. And Joe Onida even posts there. They call it "Drinking the Kool-Aid".

Best of luck with the Bow.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new bow. The T-3 offered the opportunity to change lengths and draw weights. The bow will tune differntly than any other bow. Don't let a shop without experience working on an Oneida put it in a bowpress, it will destroy the timing cables.

The measurement for timing/tuning is taken from the nose of the cam to the string on each cam. It should be the same. Adjusting it is done by loosening the timing screw and tightening or loosening a limb bolt. Once the measurements are the same, tighten the timing screw(it should be painted orange).

Ive been on the Oneida Pro Staff since 97 or 98. There is another forum at www.5150bows.com that can help you out as well.

Hugh

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hugh
I did'nt have time for the bow untill yesterday. My local bow guru dose know Onida bows and got the old T3 all tuned up and ready to sight in yesterday.
Yes it dose seem everything about these bows are differant but they have some really interesting qualities I think I'll have fun with it.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote