THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Difference Between Bucks and Does

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Difference Between Bucks and Does
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm getting lot of pictures on my trail cam, but to my untrained eye, it looks like they're all males. It'd be easy to tell if their antlers were still on, but they're shedding them now. If it has a skinny neck, it's probably a doe. Most look like this, which i think is a buck:

[IMG][url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=249790&c=500&z=1"] [/url][/IMG]

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When the antlers fall off,there is still a place on there head where the antlers were,look for the pedical places and you will know for sure,I saw a spike this week like that ,the spikes were gone but the pedicals were still there.Sorry but it looks like a doe to me.You will get a good pic of a buck and you will see what iam talking about,there will be no mistakeing it.....

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey plinker,Try this,set out some feed or something to get them lined up on that camera like you want for a good head shot...They will trip the pic from a differnt angle,I have seen bucks with big racks still on as late as May!!!!

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a doe? This one shows up a lot, i was sure it was a buck. But that's okay, i'm glad there's some does, i can't wait to get some pictures of fawns.

Yeah, i have been feeding them, that one is headed for the food. It might be possible to get some closer head shots by moving the camera, if there is tree close enough. Thanks.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would agree that this looks to be a doe. Our season here is for 4 1/2 months a year and we get to see a lot of does and bucks.

Ron L

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You are looking at the wrong end. Maybe you should mount your camera on the ground to get undercarriage shots.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Such photographic gyrations wouldn't be necessary if they were a little more anatomically cooperative. Like the buffalo, remember those old nickels? ... no guessing there.

Plinker

aim small, hit small