New
Find
Notify
Tools

broadhead question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
VPA terminator 3 blade or the Zephyr Sasquatch 2 blade.Launched out of a 43# Staghorn on 32 1/2" Goldtip traditionals(500spine) 3 5"feathers.175grnish heads.White-tail,maybe hogs,possibly black bear.What would you recommend?

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,try orderin' someone else's dog around" unknown cowboy

Posts: 237 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
That's unethical!

Sorry, just seeing if y'all are awake! Big Grin

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
43# bow, I'd use the two blade Sasquatch for better penetration, esp on the hogs or bear.

troy

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cottonstalk,
I think either one is a good choice, though I prefer a long elongated 3 blade like the VPA.

I feel it can give you better penetration with a lighter draw weight I shoot a old recure at 50-53 pounds( at my draw lengh) and been shooting the razor caps from NAP, similiar to the woodsmen, found them to fly and pentrate verry well.
Hopoe this helps
Matt

Simply, Elegant but always approachable

Posts: 354 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 24 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like Magnus heads myself.If you want to be around 175gr head weight one of the glue on's with the long taper adapter will get you there.

Posts: 369 | Location: Adirondacks | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Either one will work fine if you put it in the right place. The 3 blades are incredibly well built, they spin perfectly and are tough as heck.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I plugged your numbers as closly as I could into "stu's arrow calculator" and I come up with 35# dynamic spine on the arrow. Can you tell me if the bow is cut to center, past center etc. and your draw length? Seems that arrow might be too weak at that length, so you should either cut it shorter if you can or go to a heavier spine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
calgarychef1 cut to center,30 1/2" 3555 gold tip traditionals (measured center of nock to top of insert),at my dl it's maybe 42#.

This is my first year trying traditional equipment and our deer are not that big,200lbs being huge,and 160-180avg for bucks 3+ yrs old.I have the vpa 3 blades and now the sasquatch two blades and I am wanting to shoot what my best option for pass throughs on broadside shots 30yards and under.Thanks

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,try orderin' someone else's dog around" unknown cowboy

Posts: 237 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote