THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    She shoots as good as she looks

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

She shoots as good as she looks
 Login/Join

<Madddman>
posted
 -
 -  -

Bocote footed w/ ebony with bamboo core limbs.It was custom made and feels like it.
Norm Johnson of Blacktail bows is an artist and an awesome bowyer.Fast,quiet and forgiving.
Mad

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Maddd.

I'm just starting to get interested in trad. I have an old Damon Howatt to get myself going. If I take to it I may have to get something like you've got in the future.

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
<recurve shooter>
posted
maddd, real pretty !! here you were hard on the whitetails this year .did you get a chance to hunt your new bow ?
got the lams and forms to make takedown recurves and long bows just have to get off the pot and get to work.

Ann , if you try it i think you will never look back at a compound , just a whole different way of feeling something .----- herb

<Madddman>
posted
Yeah Herb,I did some damage.I got 4 with my Bighorn and I didn't think I was particularly lucky.With a bit of luck I would've had 6 or 7 and a pair of real nice 8pts.Not even going to mention the 160 class that busted me in the dark at 20 yds(Well I went I mentioned it anyway).
Gotta get your ass down here next year I'll set ya up on something in the state park.

No didn't get to hunt with her as I've been busy with the hoildays and it's been real nasty when I had a chance or 2 to hunt.

Seeya,Mad

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post

[ 01-09-2003, 00:38: Message edited by: Longbob ]

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
<Madddman>
posted
Yeah,I'll post a pic of a female with your type lurking,don't think so.
I fear for the chastity of my bow as it is.
Mad

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post

[ 01-09-2003, 00:38: Message edited by: Longbob ]

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful bow Madd, almost too pretty to hunt with.

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Madddman>
posted
Yeah she's virginal but they way I hunt and as hard as I am on my gear,she'll be a scratched up jaded whore in no time.Then I'll send her back to Norm for him to pretty her up.

I shot it again yesterday.The bow is a rifle,I can't believe how fast it sends arrows.I could shoot my Bighorn @59# all day and after 40 shots with this one @60 I'm hurting.I have to say they go where I want.

Mad

<recurve shooter>
posted
Maddd , sounds like she might be a little rough for a young man .maybe an older and (wiser)should look after herfor the winter ,in my colder clim she might mellow down when i send her back aroung the end of august !!!
have you checked the weight ? is the grip dufferent than the bighorn ? might explain the shoulders bothering you ----- herb

<Madddman>
posted
No,the grip is better if anything.I just don't understand it,60 lbs is 60 lbs.
I was thinking of bumping up the weight anyway and I find I shoot better with a higher poundage.Too much time at fulldraw and I start aiming.
Mad

<recurve shooter>
posted
Damm , thought you might want to send her north for a few months [Big Grin] .have a damon Howatt Hunter 55# my most expensive bow draws about 57# draws far harder than a Windwalker take down 60# .the DHH makes great groups 6" above where i am looking have taken some off the grip to get my hand closer .can hit with it as long as i concentrate but if i relax and shoot 6" high .my major problem is left eye dominance so i see, if i look at arrow shaft , the left side not the top .so i really shoot instinctive !!

the bows i hope to start soon (take downs )!!! risers are modeled on the Blacktail .would be interested in the dementions of the riser .friend out west has made a few laminated bows using this as a model . won't be using ebony ( not that rich ) have tiger wood , paudak and bicote on hand will use tiger wood and paudauk for the take downs . ----- have fun -- herb

<Madddman>
posted
Yeah I'm rich [Big Grin] ,Been eating venison for the last 2 months to pay for the damn bow.

Norm asked for a tracing of my hand so I think that made it fit even better.I'm left eye dominate also but as often as I think about trying left handed,I'm told not to screw up a good thing by people that have been at this alot longer than I.

Think about getting your ass down here Herb,if we get lucky we could pile a couple up.
Mad

<recurve shooter>
posted
Joe
been thinking on it .had a rotten last few months .no energy ,or get up and go ,then eyes stsrted bothering me found out i am diabetic .hope to have a handle on that by next fall ,loosing wieght 15 # so far want to drop 100 more and if it keeps going should be down to the point i can climb trees with out steps ( should be able to float) [Big Grin] [Big Grin] !! ---- herb

<Madddman>
posted
I told ya how to do it my friend,knock off the carbs.
You'll look like me in no time.Alot easier to hunt without 40 lbs on your ass.
Mad

<recurve shooter>
posted
yep , you are correct .got to get rid of the carbs just learning what they do to me!!hope to see a big difference by Oct.1 ---- herb

<MikeW>
posted
Man am jealous....I have a couple more months wait still to get mine. End of March I think.

We have simular tastes. Mine will be Cocobolo footed with ebony,bloodwood accents,bamboo core limbs with red elm veneers.

That bow is gorgeous.

Are you trying to say it's seems harder to pull than your #59 bow? Have had it checked for actual weight at you draw length?