THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Got permission to hunt another farm last night...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got permission to hunt another farm last night...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
and as the owner and I were driving around the property, he was talking about he big boy that a neighbor had seen a couple days before.....
Yep you guessed it, there he was bedded in the middle of the field with a doe 5 yards away.
He was HUGE! a 9 point with split brow tines that I could count maybe more. There was a little (in comparison) 8 point about 75 yards away looking to get some action. Huge neck definitly in the rut. I am going out tommorow evening with Doe-in-Heat lure and see what happens!

I am getting excited just thinking about it [Big Grin]

Here is a similar photo to what this buck looks like(I wonb't say if it this big but he is very similar in shape and size)

Look of the big buck

[ 11-19-2002, 18:02: Message edited by: amosgreg ]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Go git 'em, Greg. Get them both.

Gun season is upon us here in MIchigan. It's a shoot and not a hunt. I feel sorry for the deer.

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Have a nice hunt and keep us up to date Greg

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Greg

Anything happend yet?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Next door neighbor was out walking his dog on the property line and push triplet fawns toward me but no shot at them. Nothing else seen [Frown]
Oh well in the next day or so I'll get out again.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Sometimes they just appear were you dont want them (the neighbours, I mean)

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann,
Let me take up what you called a shoot, not a hunt.
I have now spent 4 Friday night and 4 Saturday nights on 3 different fruit farms during the last 2 months in search of bush pig. I had several opportunities with the rifle (kept handy for follow-ups in the dark), but to everybody's frustration never used it. I had only one chance with the bow, missed on 19 yards, suppose the moment was to big [Mad] .

Now, past Saturday evening I hopped on a vehicle with my 338 WM to help the farmer to go get some meat for his dogs. We shot 2 bush pigs with spot light in probably less than quarter hour. It was such an anticlimax that I actually forgot about it! This morning when someone at work asked what I harvested past weekend, I said "only one monkey". It was only later in the day that it struck me about the bush pigs.

Yes, you are so right, it is shooting.

Hey Greg, we need feedback boyke! [Wink]

Posts: 240 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Haven't been out since the first night. (Family priorities [Frown] )
Hope to get out in the next day or so.