New
Find
Notify
Tools

Archery shows
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Nothing on TV so I turned on a hunting show. Cornfield hunting from a blind. Strange that the deer walked all over the field without a single corn cob to chew on except right in front of the blind. I figure two or three hours spent picking up the corn to place in the right spot.
No real problem with that but most states do not allow baiting.
Are they breaking the law to make a movie?

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some tv show producers are willing to "bend" the rules in order to get footage, but not all of them are. I know I won't bend or break any regulations to get footage, it's just not worth it.

I have seen deer walk a particular row in a cornfield time after time, even after it's been picked or chopped.

Trail cams or simple observation can often times make things much easier than things really are. Plus, producers often times do have others doing the scouting/patterning of the animals.

Don't forget too that what happens in mere minutes on TV often times is the result of hours or even days of filming. Modern editing software is a wonderful thing.

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
I guided a bear hunt for a TV show and I can say a lot is done as far as recreating scenes that did'nt get caught on camera at he time of the shot etc but I doubt that many people break laws and post them on TV.

Buck Mcnealy did and he got busted before it even got past his editors.

Like SHOF said I think we had 4 hours of film for a 24 min show.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote