New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After countless hours and much trepidation I've finally had some luck with the bow this year. I scored on a doe early this morning. The temperature has been in the low 30's and the snow has been too crunchy for stalking so I took up a stand in a likely location. Like clockwork, eight deer came off their beds at first light and fed beneath me. I dropped this one at ten yards with a spine shot. She never knew what hit her. I can confidently say that I could have filled my remaining two tags as well if I had felt like it. I hung around in my stand for an hour after the shot and had several more opportunities at does. That doesn't happen too often, but I guess that I wasn't up to dragging three deer out of the woods today or continuing to freeze my rear off.

Two weeks and two tags left. My quest for jerky continues!

Just thought that I would share the story of my good fortune.

Good hunting

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Aqua! Put one more in the freezer. I myself only have a few days left to the season this year.

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats....glad to hear it. [Cool]

Posts: 77 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Aquavit!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
<DOATargets>
posted
Hey Aquavit!!
Thanks for breaking the ice [Wink]
Maybe the door is open for me now. I'm going to try New Years Day in the rain because I figure as bad as its been two negatives equal a positive [Big Grin]
Great job and fill those tags.
DOA

BTW why aren't you cooking any more? I almost guessed it once [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Aqua: Good job. I thought I had filled my last tag Saturday. I never found the arrow, and after several hundred yards of tracking, not a single drop of blood. Then the deer, got up and ran off when he busted me while tracking. He's apparently unharmed, must have jumped the string.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted all Bow season and was seen a lot bucks so I decide not to shoot a Doe at this time and even Let a lot of small buck go becouse there was a nice 10pt that I seen all most every day at a bount 8:30am and I passed up two 40 yarde shots on this buck hopeing for a better one.One morning he was comeing right to my treestand abount 30 yards I was at full draw just two more steps was all I needed look like my patieces was gone to pay off but the deer ran I thought what the hell just happend look up the hill and here came a dog.Two days later I decide to take and save the buck for gun season. So I shot a doe 25yards it was a good shot and that same dog picked up the does track and the way thay went out the country.Then the first morning of gun season at 8:30 I herd a shoot abount 75yards away it was my 10pt but thats hunting.I finely got nice 8pt with 16 inch.spread.Congratulations on your bow kill.

Posts: 302 | Location: west virginia | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote