Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Darton Bows?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted
I shot a Darton Excell for 1 year, it was a very nice bow. I then traded it in on a Lightning. The lightning is fast and accurate. It seems to be very durable. I think I bought mine in 95? It is still running strong and looks great. I got the Lightning Graphite Hunter for my wife, she likes it, but the cams are abit on the agressive side for her to shoot bare fingers with, but she still does well with it. I have shot several deer as well as squirells out of trees and lots of grouse. If you look at the speed of the Lightning, it is still very close to the top when you compare AMO rateings.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
I think I'm in love with your graphic.

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John, I have a Darton Maverick which I just love. I got it 2 years ago and its still smokes those arrows down range with great accuracy. THey are a top quality bow. I am shooting 400 gr arrows at 305 fps which is very fast. For me I am able to shoot this bow very accurately at 55 yards. I really enjoy shooting this bow and the draw cycle of Dartons CPS cam is a joy. Talk about smooth. I think they are one of the best drawing bows out there.

You wont be disappointed in a Darton purchase.

Good luck

Brian

Posts: 119 | Location: NJ | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi John
I had a few bows before my Darton but once I got my LIGHTNING i never looked back. I always look at the new stuff but my lightning works so well I can't justify changing. Get one, I think you'll love it.
Mike

Posts: 257 | Location: Canada | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Me and 2 of my hunting buddies all bought dartons about 3yrs ago.These are very nice shooting bows.I would buy another.

Posts: 415 | Location: Milwaukee WI USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot a 2002 Darton Rampage and love it. It is fast and accurate. The CPS system is extremely smooth, it really feels great on the draw. I'd buy another Darton in a heartbeat. In fact, I've been eyeballing the new Maverick Extreme as a 3D bow. They might not be as "flashy" as some of the higher priced bows, but they are one of the very best values on the market in my opinion.

Joe

Posts: 55 | Location: Corunna, MI, USA | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote