THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    An interesting bowhuntin' story......

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An interesting bowhuntin' story......
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
I was reading the Louisiana Sportsman the other day and they had a strange huntin' tail.

This guy was hunting on public land and had a 8pt buck come through early in the morning hunt. He shot the buck right through the boiler room and the deer ran off. After he began his search down the blood trail, he came upon another hunter so, he asked "Have you seen a good buck come though?" and the guy said "Yes, I just shot him." Then they both got on the trail and after a piece they came upon another hunter and of all things, he had shot the buck too. They all three got on the trail then and found the buck after about 200 more yards.

Turned out that they all had made kill shots. They determined since all shots were kill shots that the 1st shooter should claim the trophy.

They had a picture of the three guys behind the buck.

Man, that's one tough cookie.

I'm amazed there wasn't a fight over that one. Is that a weird bow huntin' story or what.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No! That is a story of a bunch of true sportsmen. My hat is off to all of them and wish I could shake their hands. Makes me proud to be in that category. Good friends are more important then a deer.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it's a great story as well. I would be proud to share a campfire with any of the three.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Yep, Pretty good sportsmanship indeed.

I was brought up believing that the first man to make a kill shot claimed the throphy no matter how many folks shot it. I think it is always good to finish off a wounded animal for a fellow hunter.

I guess all of the scwabbles we read about on public land gives it a bad wrap. It's sad that a few bad apples ruin it for everyone else.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote