THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Think parallel limbs are a newer concept??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Think parallel limbs are a newer concept??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of icemanls2
posted
Parallel limb bow designed June 1989.

Posts: 442 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Great point, thanks for sharing. I laugh when folks talk about the "NEW" mechanical broadheads, changing archery. I have a mechanical head with a 4 inch cut that was designed and built in the 50's. Same for drop away arow rests..... they had them years ago.

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Anyone remember the TSS quadraflex? The split limb bow from about 1983? I think the ideas have been there but the advance in materials made them stick. Also, the new marketing ploys that convince everyone that they actually NEED all the new (old) stuff :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahh yes, TSS, Total Shooting Systems! I remember them well. I used to shoot my bow in their range all the time when I lived in Fond du Lac Wisconsin.

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote