Notify
Tools

Michigan Bowhunters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Brothers and sisters,

The Michigan archery deer season is finally here!!! [Big Grin]
I wish my fellow Michigan bow hunters a safe and successfull season, and remember, save a nice buck for me!!! [Big Grin]
Also, please remember your safety belts in those tree stands.

Fordfreak.

Posts: 274 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto. A bummer today, I had to conduct a training for DEQ and MDA folks and couldn't get out to hunt. Redeeming thing was the wind wasn't very favorable anyway. Have meetings tomorrow, so it will be Friday before I finally get to get out in the woods. Can't wait!!!!!!

Joe

Posts: 55 | Location: Corunna, MI, USA | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It might be a few days before I get out. Can't wait.

Posts: 345 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I sat in the "UGLY & TOO EARLY SNOW" for Wednesday night's opener and didn't see a deer. All I thought about was that I was starting to hunt to early in the season and that I should just go home, sit by the fire, eat and drink! Now all I want to do is hunt! Can't wait for some rut activity. This isn't a sport its an addiction! I should have taken up playing checkers, cards or something.

Posts: 94 | Location: WI MI border | Registered: 25 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey DICKPAL,

I was only talking to my fellow Michiganians, so go away!!! [Razz] Just kidding, good luck to all my brothers and sisters, wherever you may be.

Fordfreak.

one of us
posted Hide Post
OUCH [Eek!] Fordfreak! I can't help it they put the border in the wrong spot [Wink] I've got 1 stand I don't know which tag to use until it drops [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dickpal,

I hunt in the UP around Bruces Crossing and Arnold. Ill be heading up around the first of November for 10 days of bow and grouse hunting. Im jeolous, you get to hunt the wild north whenever you want to. If I could get a good paying job in the UP, I'd move up there in a heartbeat.
Good luck with all those huge northern bucks.

Fordfreak.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fordfreak; My first MI experience was not far from Bruce. Yes it is great up here for alot of reasons. As for the huge bucks I can only assume they exist [Wink] but I see so many monsters taken in the south! Having so much land to roam is nice though and I would not change that for the bigger deer. The high pay jobs is a price most people pay for living up here though. I really love the UP! [Smile] I got my first bear up there last year and my most productive deer stand of my life is there. I think a lot of MI regulations are very good. I wish WI would go to some antler restrictions, and MI tries to educate hunters in their pamplet not to kill buck fawns which WI does not, MI also has antlerless tags for private land/public land and WI has "played with the idea" and does not. Any way I am so glad that I am this close to your state. Hope your hunt is going more than well!Personally though they both taste great!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Michigan Brothers, Hope you are all enjoying this wonderful MI weather.HAHA!!! I was out again last night and drew on another good one but when I mouth grunted to try to stop him he buggered on me. Nice buck for a 2 1/2yr old. Im sort of glad I didnt get him becouse I be done buck hunting before I even made it to the rut. I posted above my opening morning results with a nice buck and a doe. I hope you can all get out this weekend, I think tomarrow(sat) is going to clear for us with just a chance of rain possible. Im going to a buddies tomarrow night who has increased his food plots to a total of 12 acres of lush BioLogic Full Draw and CloverPlus and heeds some does thinned out. I hope I get a crack at a nice plump doe. Hope all goes well and all of you stay safe. No belt? Stay on the ground!!!! Better safe than to never hunt again! Chuckduster

[ 10-06-2003, 06:22: Message edited by: chuckduster ]

Posts: 123 | Location: grand rapids | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote