Find
Notify
Tools

Buying my First Recurve
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted
I'm giving up compounds and buying my first recurve. Trying to decide between a Damon Howatt Hunter or Mamba and the Bear Super Kodiak. Does anyone have any info or suggestions on these bows?

Thanks,
Andy

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"NO" to your question.....but I have a Bear RH Kodiak Magnum 50 pounder in perfect shape.....and also Browning Wasp 44 pounder with pin sites mounted.....also perfect......don't need them......want to sell them.....any interest??....let me know....can send pics.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Sent you a PM.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get the bear super kodiak hands down... that is one of the finest,easy to shoot,accurate recurves you will ever have the pleasure to own..I would get a 55# or 50# and be very very happy...
Hope this helps tu2

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blackbearhunter:
Get the bear super kodiak hands down... that is one of the finest,easy to shoot,accurate recurves you will ever have the pleasure to own..I would get a 55# or 50# and be very very happy...
Hope this helps tu2

That definitely helps, I have a line on a new one that is 50# for a great price, you've just convinced me because I read some of your earlier posts on recurves and I know that you know what you are talking about. Thanks buddy! Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Hunter but no experience with the others.IMO it's a great bow.Very smooth draw,quiet,fast and stable.Everything a recurve should be.Good luck!

Posts: 369 | Location: Adirondacks | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
I'd push you to start with a used black widow. A little more expensive, but truly a great recurve.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote