Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ARROW FLIGHT
 Login/Join

posted
IVE GOT A MATHEWS DRENALINE AND I'M SHOOTING GOLD TIP ALTRA LIGHT ARROWS. MT ARROWS ALWAYS ENTER MY TARGET AT DIFFERENT ANGLES. HOW CAN I CORRECT THIS... ANY IDEAS ???

Posts: 16 | Location: nelspruit, South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
YOU CAN START BY NOT YELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
First, has your bow been set up correctly: center shot set, nock properly installed, etc. Another thing and this happened to me, i have always shot a loop and a release, but for shits and giggles decided to try fingers. all my arrows did the same, so went back to the release.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, yelling hurts the ears.
Simple solution, tune the bow!

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
Your bow is not set up properly. You will need to set center shot correctly and then adjust the nock/rest height until the arrow flies correctly. There's plenty of information out there, you just need to read a bit. Try Easton arrows web site. They have a good arrow tuning guide. You could also try archerytalk.com , tons of info there.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
whut bowhuntrell said is correct about going to the easton site and downloading the tuneing guide . read it carfully . you have a great bow if the rest of the equipment is quality you should be fine. start with arrows is the spine correct or on the light side?,Use a string loop,use one of the trophy takers rest. I like the shaky hunter.do not death grip the bow ,relaxed hand will not allow bow to fly out of your hand . Hand torque is always a problem from time to time and gives lots of lefts and rights.Read the guide and paper tune the bow . Once paper tuned arrows will go in same hole. Breake the elbo a little so you can shoot with yur arme relaxed.holler if you need help

Posts: 57 | Location: western nebraska | Registered: 04 February 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thaks for the advice. Im using a trophy taker arrow rest and ive got a mechanical release. my arrows might be a bit light ( gold tip ultra light ). will try repositioning nock.

Posts: 16 | Location: nelspruit, South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Shottist
posted Hide Post
The left and right angles are a result of the rest not being properly centered. There is a walk back technique that corrects that problem. I've used this technique then checked it by paper tuning and the walk back technique was dead on; I had all perfect bullet holes in the paper.

Start by shooting from 3 yards, adjust your sights for a center hit.
Then walk back to 9 yards and shoot. At 9 yards, only adjust the rest and forget elevation.
When the rest is adjusted for center, go back to 3 yards and shoot. Adjust the pins (windage only).
Go back to 9 yards and shoot. Adjust the rest.
Go to 3 yards and repeat the process.
Always adjusting the pins at 3 yards and the rest at 9 yards will align the rest properly.

If your hunting dog is fat, then you aren't getting enough exercise. Smiler

Posts: 598 | Location: currently N 34.41 W 111.54 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Shottist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by model7LSS:
First, has your bow been set up correctly: center shot set, nock properly installed, etc. Another thing and this happened to me, i have always shot a loop and a release, but for ... decided to try fingers. all my arrows did the same, so went back to the release.
If shooting a release, the rest is centered differently than if shooting fingers. When shooting fingers, you push the string to the side as it releases off your fingers, where as the mechanical release does not. The mechanical release releases the string true and straight. Your fingers are not capable of releasing true. All finger shooters offset their rest to compensate for that effect.

If your hunting dog is fat, then you aren't getting enough exercise. Smiler

Posts: 598 | Location: currently N 34.41 W 111.54 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NOT TRUE, I shoot with the arrow on center with a release AND fingers.
The best way to tune a bow is on center and leave the rest there. Adjust the weight of the bow and nock point to tune.
Why you guys fool with moving the rest is beyond me!

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote