Find
Notify
Tools

HUGE DEER!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
 -

A friend sent this to me via email. Supposed to be shot near Buffalo, New York. Anyone hear anything on it?

Posts: 361 | Location: Valdez, AK (aka Heaven) | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
Shew thats I nice un! I'd have a little trouble gettin my bow back if I seen him coming from a ways off. Thats the type you want to have run in on yah real quick so you dont have time to think about him.......

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Holy smoke, that seriously might be the highest scoring 8 pt typical of all time. He's got above-average brow tines that look puny because of the size of the rest of the rack. Very impressive.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome deer!!!! But something doesnt look right with the brows compaired to the rest of the rack. Well we will have to see if N.A. Whitetail does an articile on it. I get alot of bogus pics sent to me from buddies who find them on the net. Hey I hope it is legit! Congrat to anyone who can get on one of that magnatude!!!!!!!

[ 12-06-2003, 08:47: Message edited by: chuckduster ]

Posts: 123 | Location: grand rapids | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That deer looks like it would go 350+ pounds to me.

Something doesn't look right, but if that deer is real, it's a freaking HAWG. [Eek!]

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like somebodies been playing in PhotoStudio. If not, that's one heck of a deer!

Posts: 51 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a nice deer but not HUGE as the photo makes you think.
1) Look at the hunters left arm... straight and the bed of the vechicle or table the deer is on .... he is a good distance from behind the deer and lower.
2) while a nice 8 point with nice width and mass to the main beam the points themselfs are not that thick.
3) there are 9 points with a possible kicker on the left side for a possible 6 x 4

I'd take him thought [Big Grin]

Just found this link to a truly massive whitetail in teh hunting reports thread. "Big Deer"

[ 12-09-2003, 05:08: Message edited by: amosgreg ]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Varmint Hunter>
posted
The buck is clearly well foward of the hunter and that usually makes antlers "look" bigger than they are but you can't miss the massive beam in his hand. That looks pretty legit from here.

VH