New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoyt CyberTech. Any Info?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any one own a new Hoyt CyberTech. Seems like a nice fast and quiet bow. I'd like to get a new bow for the 2003 season. Need something that is smooth drawing. Had one shoulder surgery. Need the other one done soon so I'll be healed for next deer season. Any bow suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Posts: 94 | Location: Otisville, MI USA | Registered: 07 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't shot the Cybertec, but I just got the Ultratec with the XT-3000 limbs - they are 3" longer than the XT-2000s. It has an axle to axle length of 42". I think the Cybertec will be about 36" because of a little shorter riser.

I really like my bow. It is fast and the quietest bow I've ever heard. I also find the longer bow to be a little more forgiving. One thing I think you will find with all of the Hoyt Tec bows is they are real particular about grip and form. I shoot mine with all of my fingers folded and grip with the upper knuckles and thumb. Too tight a grip causes torque and makes the arrows fishtail.

Don't want to scare you off, because once your grip is consistent, it will really put the arrows really close together.

My advice would be to go to a pro shop and shoot the bows you are interested in and find the one that feels best to you and you can shoot well.

Posts: 64 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 06 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbrook
posted Hide Post
I also have a shoulder problem and a local shop was showing me a Renegade bow with a cam that produces a very smooth draw. I shot it a few times and it was as advertised. I can not remember the name of the cam, but I am sure that a stocking dealer will know.

Good Luck,

Posts: 522 | Location: SE MIchigan | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote