Find
Notify
Tools

Bowhunting Etiquette
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey Guys

Probally not the most interesting topic but somthing i thought i would share after spending nearly an etire day in the woods for it to get completly ruined.

I hunt some public land here in the state like alot of people along with some smaller private pieces, I tend to stay off the public on the weedends due to crowds. So last night i deside to get in the woods around 3, a birthday present to myself. I sat all morning and now at around 5 oclock another hunter walks in. Now i had deer all around me and they obviously ran off a few came back, but my gripe is who the hell walks into a deer stand at 5 when it gets dark by 630, knowing other hunters are already in stand.

Its the little things, but i think a little common sense would have went a long way. Just thought i would share the joys of public land.

Thanks for reading

Matt

Simply, Elegant but always approachable

Posts: 354 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 24 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If he knew you were there it's rude. Maybe he got off work early and had just enough time to get out for a quick hunt. I've done that with only an hour and a half to hunt and connected with a deer. Maybe it was his only opportunity to hunt for the whole week, sometimes you have to put yourself in the other persons shoes.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Yep....guys that work have very litle evening time

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Because of work I have got into a stand a half an hr before dark and shot deer the last couple of min of legal shooting time.

If he knew you where there differant I have had other hunters walk below me pass me ect never saw me. I even had one put the stalk on my decoy.

Just as he was about to shoot I said you are not going to shoot my decoy are you he jumped up and said no.

I just LOL.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote