The Accurate Reloading Forums
Bowhunting Etiquette

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1021043/m/6061082461

07 October 2011, 20:28
Seasons44
Bowhunting Etiquette
Hey Guys

Probally not the most interesting topic but somthing i thought i would share after spending nearly an etire day in the woods for it to get completly ruined.

I hunt some public land here in the state like alot of people along with some smaller private pieces, I tend to stay off the public on the weedends due to crowds. So last night i deside to get in the woods around 3, a birthday present to myself. I sat all morning and now at around 5 oclock another hunter walks in. Now i had deer all around me and they obviously ran off a few came back, but my gripe is who the hell walks into a deer stand at 5 when it gets dark by 630, knowing other hunters are already in stand.

Its the little things, but i think a little common sense would have went a long way. Just thought i would share the joys of public land.

Thanks for reading

Matt

Simply, Elegant but always approachable
07 October 2011, 21:25
calgarychef1
If he knew you were there it's rude. Maybe he got off work early and had just enough time to get out for a quick hunt. I've done that with only an hour and a half to hunt and connected with a deer. Maybe it was his only opportunity to hunt for the whole week, sometimes you have to put yourself in the other persons shoes.
08 October 2011, 05:22
ted thorn
Yep....guys that work have very litle evening time

08 October 2011, 16:09
p dog shooter
Because of work I have got into a stand a half an hr before dark and shot deer the last couple of min of legal shooting time.

If he knew you where there differant I have had other hunters walk below me pass me ect never saw me. I even had one put the stalk on my decoy.

Just as he was about to shoot I said you are not going to shoot my decoy are you he jumped up and said no.

I just LOL.