New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this a silly idea?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 2663 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Illegal in many areas for hunting. Might be fun on the right range.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't see the point of using this when hunting at all.
In my opinion a totally silly idea for hunting, but I can understand the fun factor of it on targets.

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rambo had a bunch of these only MUCH better!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd use one on hogs but they aren't "hunting" that's for sure.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calgarychef1:
I'd use one on hogs but they aren't "hunting" that's for sure.

+1

At close to 7 dollars each maybe more with shipping and tax no thank you.

If they could do it for 50 cents or so it would be fun for shooting varmits once in a while.

Just a arrow Launched bang stick.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Spear fishermen have been using these and "bang sticks" for a long time on sharks and other large fish that can tow one around for a long time!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not thrilled about the idea. Although I suppose that if they sent some to me to test, I might change my mind...

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please explain how "they aren't 'hunting'"

It is just a "better" broadhead.

I would never use one, but there are many "hunting" gadgets I don't use. The only thing this gadget does is maybe increase ones odds of recovery. Not the worst idea.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only way this one can increase the odds for recovery is if you shoot them in the brain with it as they do in their commercial.

I guess there are so many good bow hunters around, that they will have no problems to hit there at hunting distances for wild animals....

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes; it's silly...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want to shoot a bullet use a rifle!

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of elkslayer4x5
posted Hide Post
It is silly, because there is no chamber to speak of, or any barrel, there fore the fired bullet cannot generate enough pressue to do any damage. And then there is the question of point weight, what does a .357 magnum cartridge weigh? Quite a bit more than any average broadhead!

skin that one out, and I'll get ya another

Posts: 44 | Location: Lane county, Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have some like Rambo uses in the movies! :-)

Posts: 10025 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JustOneMoreShot
posted Hide Post
They also have preloaded scent arrowheads. In case you are too lazy to put out some scent while walking to your stand and you don't mind shooting your hunting arrow into the hard ground and risk ruining it.

Posts: 54 | Location: GA USA | Registered: 16 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks as if it might be considered either a firearm or explosive device. If you shot somebody and recovered the arrow, it would be interesting to see the ballistics lab figure it out. Even Abbey at NCIS would have a hard time with it.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote