New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bear Whitetail II
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Picked up this bow real cheap today, was wondering if is a descent bow to start with. Don't know much about bows. Any info will be helpful. Thanks..

Posts: 124 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For the beginner or someone wanting a good cheap bow,the whitetail bear cant be beat!I would recommend those everytime.Practice alot at 20-25yrds. and you will be set,bowhunting is really about close range.Good Luck!

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also forgot,get some good arrows that are recommended for your draw length & the bows and the bows maximum weight for sure!Start out with whatever weight feels the best,you can always shoot the heaviest weight when you get use to shooting.Sights help also if you are a newbie...For sure get a arm guard and at least a glove or tab.....

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BlackBearHunter, I couldn't pass it up. Traded the guy a couple boxes of shells for it. I've got to get all of the accessories for it , but for the price of the bow I think I'll still do okay. Thanks..

Posts: 124 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Started with that exact bow.

Posts: 52 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The whitetail II was my first hi tech bow. Big Grin

I killed perhaps 50 deer with mine and then a friend took it over and still uses it. I think he has killed around 100 deer with it, so yes, the whitetail II is a proven deer killer.

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote