New
Find
Notify
Tools

starting again
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After a few years of gathering dust I pulled my bow out and started shooting at some targets again.
Today I'm feeling kinda stiff an sore but happy with the lingering but familiar feeling of those old muscles that I once used on a regular basis.

I have a Hoyt Deviator 70lb, though I would like to make the draw length a little longer. I am right back at the wall as it is and would like a bit less stress for holding on those longer shots.

Could anyone take me though the process of lengthening the draw? I haven't done any of this stuff befure because I used to have an archery shop nearby.

Thanks.
Joe.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Simplest way is to lengthen the string. Look at yours to see if it is twisted (an easy way to shorten a string)If it is twisted you can try unwinding it, that may be enough for you. Also, mark on your pulleys the spot on the rim the farthest away from the axle, I use a dab of whiteout, and make sure that is where the string is leaving the rim at full draw. You'll need someone to look for you while you draw the bow.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Express,

You could try using a string loop if you shoot caliper. That will gain you about 3/4". Easily reversible when you build your strength back up too.