THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Lone Wolf vs Summit tree stands

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lone Wolf vs Summit tree stands
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm in the market for a new climbing treestand. I just retired my Summit after 7 years. I'm looking at the Lone Wolf and the Summit Broadhead Backpacker. I want something light but also comfortable.

Any experience with either one? The LW is very light and appears to be a stand that goes up very quietly. The Summit is a bit heavier, a bit noiser but appears to be very comfortable. They both fold up flat which is a big plus for me. The LW is about $100 more.

Any comments will be a huge help. Thanks!

Posts: 352 | Location: NJ | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
I've ownedthe Lone Wolf climbiong sticks for 3 years and for what it's wort, the quality is 1st rate.

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Cat Doctor
posted Hide Post
I have never owned a lone wolf stand but I have owned a few summit stands I really like them and I don't think you can go wrong with summit.

Married men live longer than single men do,

but married men are a lot more willing to die.

Posts: 165 | Location: missouri | Registered: 18 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Perforator
posted Hide Post
I've looked at the Summit stands but never used one. I have three Old Man stands and I probably could never be convinced that a better climbing stand is made today.

Congressional power is like a toddler with a hammer. There is no limit to the damage that can be done before it is taken away from them.

Posts: 399 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have owned API,OLD MAN and Summit.
Notheing beats a Summit,easy set up , no pins
Dosent rattel when you carry it or climb with it.
Yep! i belive iam going to buy me another one
this week.If youre on a budget you cant go wronge with the Viper.Works great for bow and rifle.Good luck!

Posts: 237 | Location: Wesson ms | Registered: 12 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Perforator
posted Hide Post
My brother told me that Ol' Man tried to take their business to China for reduced labor cost and they went bust. As far as he knows they are out of business. Anyone know about this?

Congressional power is like a toddler with a hammer. There is no limit to the damage that can be done before it is taken away from them.

Posts: 399 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
If you are a pretty big guy, I'd stay away from Ole' Man. I know a guy that had the Cable Clamp break off on the bottom piece. Luckily he had just started climbing and was only about 6' off of the ground. He weighs about 240. I have heard many people say that the top cables dig into your sides and make for quite a miserable sit.

Not my cup of tea. Summit is the best I've seen for bow hunting.

API are ok but, very loud.

I think I have about 8 or so climbers around here and as far as a Climber on a budget, Hunter's View makes some of the best out there. I've got the Condor and the Silver Condor Light. Not Summit but, close.

Simmon's Sporting Goods in Bastrop, LA has APIs for $99 and Ole' Mans for $109 right now. They had some Summits too but, I can't remember what the price was. I'm not sure but, They may do online orders if you aren't local.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Here's the link:

Click on the "Big Tent Sale" Icon and see if they have anything of interest.

http://www.simmonssportinggoods.com/

Have a Good One!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote