New
Find
Notify
Tools

Look out
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After 30 years away from recurves, I'm back in it again.

My first recurve was a Sambar and I was able to pick this one up off ebay. It only pulls 44pounds but it's something to play with until I see one that pulls heavier and at least it looks like my first love.

shot a few at 18yards and looks like I may still have it.

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
If your interested in travling a bit there are two big Traditional shoots this summer that you might enjoy. They both host a few dozen bowyers. You can try bows at the show. Tent loads of vendors, everything from arrows to Zebra skin backquivers.

Cloverdale Nationals in Indiana and Clouersport in Penn. both are three day weekends with camping. Both have speakers & various contests & events and puch 1500+ shooter through eadh year. Great people, fun weekends.

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey that might be a fun break up in Pa. with camping too.

I'll look into it. My friends want me to go shoot my compound in some big 3D tourney here in NC sometime in May. I don't know. I don't enjoy chasing the tourney trail but I do enjoy spoiling a shoot once in a while.

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You will have a lot of fun with that beauty. The standard hunting bow when I started was a 45# recurve. The first Allen's and Herter's compounds were just coming on to the scene. I went back to traditional gear about 10 years ago. Unfortunately I blew out 2 discs in my neck (unrelated) and find my traditional bow puts too much strain on me.

Jeff

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote