Find
Notify
Tools

DG Bowhunt Zimbabwe 2011?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
HI all,

I've heard rumors about bow hunting DG in Zimbabwe will be banned in 2011.

Any facts on this? Recent developmets?

Someone told me that "they say that every year", so I'm quite keen on knowing the facts.

Thanks,

- Lars/Finland

A.k.a. Bwana One-Shot

Posts: 552 | Location: Finland | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
Bowhunting DG has always been "on an experimental basis" and has needed a permit on state controlled land. Permits have not been necessary on private land.
My understanding is that the "experimental" part of the legislation has come under the spotlight in the last few months and that new legislation will be introduced to replace/remove the old legislation. I did have a brief discussion with a senior park Official on the matter recently as a lot of my clients are bowhunters after buff and Leopard etc. He seemed to think that there had not been any negative bearing on the legislation so it shouldnt be considered as a negative move. I am in the process of asking SOAZ and ZPHGA for clarification on the matter and will let you know what their feedback is. If there is anyone else out there in the know I would also welcome comments

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This just came in:

"We have been advised by our Safair Operators organisation that bow hunting can be conducted on private land in Zimbabwe."

- Lars/Finland

A.k.a. Bwana One-Shot

One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear this question has been resolved I remember when I was there meeting a PH who at that time was one of very few PHs who could legaly guide bow hunters, That was back in 95.

My question is bowhunting legal in Finland? I don't remember seeing any sign of bowhunting when I was there. I do know that archery hunting has been becomeing more of an accepted thing in Europe and I think it can be done in Denmark, France and Hungary and probably other European countries.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Small game, yes.
Big game, no.

Don't really know where they draw the line. Probably just below roe deer?
I was posting the topic for my friend with whom we're planning our next safari.

- Lars/Finland

A.k.a. Bwana One-Shot