Find
Notify
Tools

Stolen buck alert
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Originally Posted by mrex
I just received a call from an officer of the Commemorative Bucks of Michigan, (their version of the BBBC) and he asked me to get the word out regarding a giant Michigan Buck that was stolen over the weekend from a taxidermist near Jackson MI. The buck was an archery kill from earlier in the week and green scored in the 190's typical, making it a potential Michigan State Record.

A typical set of antlers that size has considerable value on the open market, however, there was a $10k set of walrus tusks hanging right next to the rack so either the burglar wasn't to bright or money wasn't the motive.

The CBM is supposed to email me a picture shortly. I'll put it up as soon as I have it.

ncboman

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BCJames
posted Hide Post
.....I would be just sick if this was my buck Frowner

Posts: 133 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted Hide Post
Posting a pic will be the best help in recovery, a buck like that sticks in ones mind.
if you will post it, and give permision to re-post on other sites ,,well you never know, I would hate to know someone might have a trophy like this and telling everyone how great a hunter thay were , when in real live thay were nothing but a low life F#^&@% Theif!

Allso you shluld post this on the Taxidermy forum and have them spread the word.

Thanks for the heads up!

Posts: 131 | Location: oklahoma city ,oklahoma ,usa | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Whitetail fever makes me sick, never understood the attraction. And I don't understand what would make someone steal another person's animal for no reason.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Did you get a pic yet?