New
Find
Notify
Tools

Broadhead weight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have 18 75 grain broadheads that are nearly new. They should be a little heavier to work with my new bow setup. Does anyone make a washer etc... that can be placed between the arrow and broadhead to give me another 10 to 15 grains? I'm using Easton axis arrows.

Posts: 428 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Elkhunter,

Are Axis arrows the ones that are carbon w/ an aluminum core shaft?

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
Try - 3 Rivers Archery supply or Kustom King Archery Supply. I've seen them in thier catalogs.

The weights are basically brass washers. You may be able to find some at a hardware store.

Some incert are threaded completely through. If yours are luike that you could putr a brass bolt in the back side of the icert, cut the bolt head off and add your weight that way. I've done that with carbon express arrows. 2" of thread brass stock is about 25 grains.

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Axis arrows are small diameter carbon shafts. I've looked around the hardware store and couldn't find anything that would work. Any thing that fits over the shank of my points is quite a bit wider than my arrow.

Posts: 428 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
could you tap out the back-end ofthe incert and install a brass bolt?(Cut the bolt head off)

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Elkhunter,

I have some rings that weigh 15 grains each and go one the back of some expandables that are adjustable from 85-100 grains. You may be able to contact the manu. and get some from them. The Broadheads are made by Game Tracker and they are called Silver Tips. They were cheapies from Wal-mart but, they did a number on the Whitetails I shot w/ em'.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Elkhunter,

Here's the heads I was talking about:

http://128836.brightwebsite.com/store/show_product/?product_id=5422142

Notice the sliver ring around the base.

Heres another link:
http://www.eastmanoutfitters.com/broadheads_mechanical.shtml

You can Contact Eastman Outfitters and they can probably tell you how to get the part your after.

posted Hide Post
Just a thought...Did you try your local hardware store? Seems like small washers or spacers would do the trick.

posted Hide Post
Funny I just bought a package of these broadheads for my 10 year old son this weekend.

posted Hide Post
quote:
around the hardware store and couldn't find anything that would work. Any thing that fits over the shank of my points is quite a bit wider

Sorry didn't read this post...hmmm I would send an email to contact@eastmanoutdoors.com and ask them...they should mail them to you for free..