THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Getting Excited for the Rut

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting Excited for the Rut
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bulbwerks
posted
I was just looking back at the buck I shot last year on Novemeber 5th. Looking back at the dates my father and I have shot our deer on in the past few years they all seem to have been shot within a few days of each other in Novemeber. Well just another week to go.

Here is a picture of last year's buck. While he isn't the largest in the antler department he is very mature and my taxidermist thought close to 6 years old. He was also special becasue I shot him at a laser range finder proven 63 yards while he worked his scrape after chasing a doe. I don't try to take shots that far but everything was perfect and I had been practicing at 60 and 70 yards the days before I shot him.
And yes he did end up falling in the creek behind me in the photo after running about 40 yards from where I shot him.
Ben

Posts: 147 | Location: WI | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope I see his brother Friday morning!!!!! great memories for you!!

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my son is now 28,, he has not bow hunted with me in 10 years,, he was in a bad accidnt about then and it took along time before he could use an arm again so I re-fitted my old Matthews switchback for him and he shot his first deer this past weekend with a bow,, a doe but I can assure you he was more excited with that doe than he was with an 8 pt he shot with his gun last year,, and of course I had to shoot my new Matthews heli and take a doe as well,,us old guys can't let the young ones out do us,,, we process our own meat so fresh steaks and sausage in the freezer!

One of Us
Picture of bulbwerks
posted Hide Post
That is great I love to know that there are still people out there my age who enjoy the woods and get as much enjoyment out of it as I do. I am 29 and hate seeing the lack of caring or passion that people in my generation as a whole have for the outdoors.
Congratulations to both of you on your deer. I feel that any deer shot is a trophy but especially with a bow. Please pass my congratulations on to your son as well.
Also there is nothing like eating meat that you personally harvested so enjoy it!
Ben

Posts: 147 | Location: WI | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, one of the things that I really like about my sonn is that the deer he shot,,, he processed it himself, from cutting the steaks to making the "sausage" ,, my favortie! He learned to do that helping me,,, he also saved the hide and will tan it himself,, he makes purses, gun holsters etc for his friend with it,,,,It isn't just about the shooting but the complete package,, the preparation,, the outdoors, the hunt, the harvest,, thebounty on the table..thanks